With a blend of varied landscapes including – rivers, forests, mountains and beaches, Germany is one of the best places to be among the Western European countries. Not just that its beauty entices the tourists, but it is also one of the most favoured destinations for students aspiring to pursue MBBS. Moreover, as a country with the biggest economy in Europe and the 5th in the entire world, Germany indeed offers a world of scope and possibilities to the medical aspirants.
As far as medical studies are concerned, Germany is a pioneer in the field of science and research. Moreover, the country offers the highest level of education. Besides, the globally recognised and accepted curriculum, top-notch infrastructure, world-class facilities, and amiable climatic conditions make this county an ideal destination for pursuing MBBS. The most important thing, studying medicine in Germany comes at an affordable cost.
German universities are not only famous for offering high-quality education to its students, but also the required hands-on experience. So, if you go for an MBBS course in Germany, your career is more likely to be filled with the best possible scopes and opportunities. And, most importantly, an MBBS degree earned in Germany is internationally recognised by WHO, MCI, and other related medical organisations.
Top Medical Colleges to Study MBBS in Germany
This country is valued internationally for its advanced medical system and infrastructure. So, it’s quite obvious that you will find the best and MCI approved medical colleges in Germany. Therefore, while you make your mind for enrolling to a medical course in the country, you should make sure to prepare yourself well too.
One of the best things about studying MBBS in Germany is the cost. In regard to the standard of education provided in the country, the tuition fee is relatively low. And, it is one of the reasons why medical aspirants look forward to Germany. Apart from that, the procedure to get admission in the top colleges of Germany is also very easy. You have the relevant documents, and you meet all the criteria, you are in.
The duration of an MBBS course in Germany is six years, that is divided into several stages. Once a student gets to overcome all the stages, he or she qualifies to become a certified doctor.
MBBS from Germany Eligibility Criteria for Indian Students
- Age: The age of the candidates must be 17 years or more as on 31st December of the year of admission. The maximum age for applying for an MBBS degree is 25 years.
- Educational qualification: The candidates must have secured 60% marks in the 12th Board Exam with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English as the main subjects. For candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC category, the minimum marks obtained should be 40%.
- Entrance Exam: The candidates must have qualified NEET examination. IELTS/TOEFL is not needed, provided their medium of education was English.
- Language: A fluency in understanding, speaking, and writing English.
What Documents Required for MBBS in Germany 2019
- Academic certificates: The candidates must produce their 10th Board and 12th Board Examination, Mark Sheets. A School Leaving Certificate or a School Leaving Certificate is a must.
- Age Proof: The candidates must give a copy of their age certificate. 10th Board Exam Admit Card or Certificate of Birth is accepted as the certificate of age proof.
- Character Certificate: The candidates must submit a copy of their character certificate. The document should be signed by the authorised signatory.
- Nationality Certificate: If the candidate is not a citizen of Germany, he or she should give a copy of their passport (front page).
- Others: The candidates should also produce his or her ten passport-size photographs taken against a white background. 2 recommendation letters and are also required for applying MBBS in Germany.
Why Study MBBS in Germany is a Right Decision?
Germany is worldwide acclaimed as one of the best placed for medical education. It offers first-rate education to the students without breaking their banks. Let’s take a quick look at the reasons advocating MBBS in Germany –
- Affordable Tuition Fee – The tuition fee for studying MBBS is lower than in other countries. Plus, several universities of Germany, international students are also provided with the benefit of free-of-charge education.
- Quality Education – Germany is all about high-quality education programs, especially in terms of medical educations and related researches.
- Global Exposure – An MBBS degree provided by German Universities is globally acclaimed by relevant medical bodies like WHO and MCI. It opens the students to a world of opportunities.
- Language – Both English and German medium of language is offered.
- Environment – The weather conditions in Germany are moderate. Plus, the people here are very friendly and welcoming. Moreover, this country is also safe for international students.
Few Challenges faced in MBBS in Germany
- The Language – It is one of the biggest problems that the candidates are likely to face when in Germany. Therefore, you need to learn it, as early as possible.
- The Food – Although every kind of food is available in Germany, vegetarians and spice-loving people might find issues with the food.
Which Type of Facilities provided to Indian Students in Germany
- Proper accommodation arrangements
- Cash support during emergency
- Guidance on education loan
- Affordable living
- Healthcare services
- Free-of-cost education in some of the universities
Course Duration of MBBS in Germany
The total course duration of MBBS in Germany is six years. It includes a year of internship also. The stages of becoming a certified doctor in Germany includes –
- First stage – 2 years of pre-clinical studies
- Second stage – 3 years of clinical studies
- Third stage – 1 year and three months of practical studies
- Fourth stage – the final stage of examination and approbation
MBBS Fee Structure for Studying in Germany
In the year 2005, the Federal Constitutional Court made an announcement advocating ‘No Tuition Fee’ for candidates who want to pursue medical studies in Germany. As education in the country is mainly sponsored by the Federal Government, the students need not pay any tuition fee except for the recurring expenses including buying various college supplies, books etc. However, learning the German language might cost around Rs. 3,89,894 and the cost of living up to Rs. 30, 000 to Rs. 40, 000/month. Let’s take a look at the universities –
|Name of the University||Total Fees in INR|
|Rwth Aachen University||NA|
Advantages of Studying MBBS Course in Germany for Indian Students
- Reasonable tuition fee and cost of living with no compromise on the standard
- MBBS curriculum internationally approved by WHO and MCI
- No entrance exam needed to apply for the MBBS course
- High standard of education
- A safe place for international students
- Practical training in affiliated healthcare facilities after completion of the course
Disadvantages of Studying MBBS Course in Germany
- As most of the people in the country are non-English speaking, there remains a gap between the classmates, local and international.
- Sometimes, it becomes overwhelming for international students when they are asked to produce a document after documents. However, once everything is set, it’s all well and good.
Job Opportunities in India after MBBS from Germany
As the MBBS curriculum of Germany is approved by several medical bodies including WHO and MCI, it presents to you a lot of scope and opportunities if you want to practice in India. However, you need to take MCI’s screening test for practising in India.
What is the total cost of MBBS in Germany?
With most of the medical universities of Germany, you need to pay a negligible or no tuition fee. It was mandated by the Federal Constitutional Court in 2005. The costs you’ll have to bear include – the cost of living in Germany and the cost of learning the German language.
|Name of the University||Total Fees in INR|
|Rwth Aachen University||NA|
Does Indian Student Require Passport & Visa to study in Germany?
Yes, Indian students do require a passport and visa to study MBBS in Germany. However, the visa application process is hassle-free. After you produce all the relevant documents, photos and forms along with your visa application, the processing might take 15 to 60 days. Meanwhile, you can also track the status of your student visa application.
What is the list of MCI Approved Medical Colleges in Germany?
The list of MCI approved Medical Colleges in Europe is as under –
- Magdeburg University
- Mϋnster University
- Heidelberg University
- Lübeck University
- Witten/Herdecke University
- Rwth Aachen University
- Freiburg University
- Tϋbingen University
- Würzburg University
Neither Germany is bizarrely expensive not studying MBBS in Germany. Therefore, if you are willing to become a doctor and study under the best universities, Germany is waiting for you. With the highest standard of education at a relatively affordable cost, it has become one of the most preferred destinations for medical aspirants from all across the globe.